Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Get a damn life...

I don't know what it is but I am subjected to the weirdest situations. It's like I'm a magnet for idiots. I try so hard not to be and avoid such occurrences, but today was something I just couldn't avoid. It all started when Thomas wanted to go to lunch . We stopped at a gas station near my job. We get out and everything seems to be dandy. I go into the station while he's out getting gas, buy some various things and I pass Thomas at the door going out to the car. My very intention was to just go out to the car and wait for him to get out of the store. On my way out though, I happen to witness some weirdo filling up empty water bottles full of gasoline at the pump right next to where I was. I had to do a double-take because I just couldn't believe my eyes. Last time I checked, you either needed a car or an actual gas can to buy gas. He's just filling up bottle after bottle and shoving them one by one into his coat. I turned right back around hoping he didn't notice me to go back into the store.

Thomas was on his way out of the store and I told him to hold my purchases. He's like, " Why, what's going on?!" I just kept walking until I saw a guy behind the counter. I told him there was some homeless looking dude outside filling up water bottles with gasoline. Then this SLOW lady (as in mentally slow) says she just sold him 50cents worth of gas because it's for his scooter. UHHH HELLOOOOOO....50cents worth of gas = a huffing party for like 6 people. Not like I would know, I'm just imagining he would be the popular guy at the homeless shelter tonight, had I not ratted his ass out. I just looked at her with my ever so awesome "You're really that stupid" look. The guy I told rushed out of the store and made the guy dump everything out and told him it was highly illegal to do that. I guess the guy told him that it really was for huffing. Like admitting his guilt was going to enable him to keep his goodies.

Some people are so damn stupid, I don't know who was the true Darwin in this...the lady that sold it to him or the actual guy filling up the water bottles with gasoline.

2 comments:

Thomas Evans said...

i was there, this really happened. Pretty funny if you ask me, what a moron!

Leigh and Craig said...

This is the strangest thing ever! I can't believe you witnessed something like this. Amazing.