Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!


I declared this morning at around 8:00am my own personal Snow Day. I looked outside and I knew there was no way in hell I was driving to work in the blizzard. It is now 1:32pm and it hasn't stopped snowing!! I don't feel guilty for calling in to work at all. In fact, I feel quite proud of myself for not putting my life or yours in danger. =) You may think my rationalization is a bit extreme, but I assure you, lives were saved this morning. I'm the worst driver in the snow. You can all thank me later that you are all alive on Christmas morning opening your gifts and cherishing another holiday spent with loved ones...and unloved ones. ;)

It's not that I don't have the common sense to slow down when the weather is bad, I push the brake plenty of times, in fact. My car just wants to go when I want it to stop. I honestly don't think I would have received my drivers license had I taken my test in the snow. Maybe that's what needs to start happening to get all the asshats that get in accidents off the road. It's too late for me, of course, the damage is done....

I've been watching The Weather Channel and it looks as though there will be another blizzard coming our way here in Salt Lake City next Monday. I will be driving to work on next Monday, come hell or high water, so do yourselves a favor and have a Snow Day...your lives just may depend on it.

2 comments:

Niki and Jess said...

Good call! I completely fishtailed the way to work (the side street if you go straight from the freeway if you are coming from the south). My truck went completely sideways 3 times before I came to a hault in front of a fence! LUCKILY I stayed in the middle of the road and didn't hit anything!

Kimi said...

I called off today too!... But the sad part about it is that I didn't know it had snowed until 1:00, just after I woke up. Yay for snow days! :)